Where to begin? We’ve got a few recommendations to get you started.
Wineries – Most wineries are encouraging reservations but will take walk-ins if they have space. While no longer required for wine tasting, seated wine flights are a fun and unique tasting experience (we highly recommend trying one!).
- Crystal Basin Cellars
- Lava Cap Winery
- Delfino Farms – They recently opened their new winery, Edio Vineyards
- Bumgarner Winery
- Boeger Winery – Opens June 24, reservations required. Reserve here.
- Highway 50 Brewery / Nello Olivo Winery – Enjoy wine and beer in the same convenient location.
Boa Vista Orchards – Get your apple everything fix at Boa Vista, which features everything from fresh apples to homemade apple fritters, donuts, and pies.
Camino Ridge Blueberry U-Pick – Opening June 20 for all the delicious berries you can pick!
Gold Bug Mine – The mine is not open, but the park is, which means you’re welcome to come and picnic or walk the nature trails throughout the park’s 61 acres.
Smith Flat House – Built in 1853 on top of a gold mine, Smith Flat House is now open for lunch or dinner outside, along with live music Wednesday evenings. Enjoy a safe and respectful dining experience on their amazing patio under a star-filled sky.Historic Main Street businesses – Stroll along Placerville’s historic Main Street shopping district, where unique shops are open, including Placerville Hardware, art galleries, Dedrick’s Cheese, coffee shops, restaurants, and more.
Eat + Drink
- Argonaut Café – Delicious farm-to-fork cuisine in an unsuspecting historic building in Marshall Gold Discovery State Park
- Cool Beerwerks – Located in Cool, this craft brewery has interesting craft brews that pair well with their Hawaiian-Japanese fusion cuisine
- Sierra Rizing Bakery – Enjoy small-batch local artisan-roasted coffees, fresh bakery goods, and more.
- Cronin Ranch Trails – Go take a hike (or a bike ride) along the American River. Trails and parking are open.
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Park – Trails, parking, and restrooms are open. Most buildings at the park are also open and the Gold Discovery guided walking tour is now available. Gold panning will be available by the weekend.
- Georgetown – Don’t miss the shops, art gallery, and iconic Georgetown Hotel
El Dorado Hills
El Dorado Hills Town Center – Most restaurants and shops in the center are now open, including Milestone, Mimosa House, Folsom Bike, and more.
- Toogood Estate Winery
- Sentivo Vineyards
- Mediterranean Vineyards
- Element 79 Vineyards
- E16 Winery
- Kehret Vineyards
- Busby Cellars
- Gwinllan Estate
- Oakstone Winery
Make it a real getaway with an overnight stay at one of the charming hotels and bed and breakfast inns in El Dorado County, including
- North Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast – Cozy inn located in Coloma
- Ponderosa Ridge Bed & Breakfast – Situated in the heart of Apple Hill
- Camp Nauvoo – Camping and glamping in a beautiful meadow near Placerville
- Historic Cary House Hotel – Stay on Placerville’s Historic Main Street in this unique hotel
- Eden Vale Inn – Perfect romantic getaway for the first trip out
- Lucinda’s Country Inn – In the heart of the Fair Play Wine Region
- Holiday Inn Express – El Dorado Hills hotel that’s the perfect launching spot for the Adventures in Taste road trip!
- Coloma Resort – Camping by the river, RV & cabins
- American River Resort – Camping by the river, RV & cabins
Seasonal farmers markets are now open, including:
- Placerville Main Street – Wednesday evenings and Saturdays
- El Dorado Hills – Sundays
- South Lake Tahoe – Tuesdays